Friday, July 22, 2011

Disturbing results

Innocently enough I was checking what websites were sending visitors to my site.  As I'm checking through the stats, I see a search result from Ask.com and wanted to see where my site appeared on the page.  You know, "How easy is Sud Savant to find in a random search?"  Well, it must have been a Google Ad because I didn't see my page anywhere.  The disturbiing part of this story is in the picture below. Check out the related searches to the right (only if you're not eating).  Double you. Tee. Eff.

This is why people use Google.

3 comments:

  1. Most likely, you're getting different results than other people do as most search engines personalize search results based on past behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hazarding a guess here...but maybe it's people searching for "yeast", which would account for beer brewing AND all those other...searches. Still, w-t-f indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you are both correct. However, the fact that those results even come up because lots of people search for them... yikes. All the time you spent looking it up online, could be spent speeding "Dukes of Hazzard-style" to the nearest gyno!

    ReplyDelete